DrVita Vision Essentials - 120 Capsules
Note: Current inventory of DrVita Vision Essentials expires on September 30, 2018.
All sales final, no exchanges or refunds.
DrVita Vision Essentials is a blend of Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs and Carotenes and other nutrients that supports healthy Eye function and vision. It contains the Carotenoids Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Lycopene and Vitamin A from a broad spectrum of natural plant sourced Carotenes.
The pole of the retina inside the Eye is known as the macula and it has the highest concentration of light-sensitive cone photoreceptor cells that are responsible for detailed central and color vision.
The macula contains two main carotenoid pigments, Lutein and Zeaxanthin and you must get them entirely from the diet or from supplements - your body cannot make them.
- Only Lutein and Zeaxanthin are abundant in the macula.
- Lutein, Zeaxanthin are at the site of sharpest vision in response to the light-absorbing needs of the macula.
- They optimize visual performance because of Lutein's and Zeaxanthin's absorption of blue light and prevention of light scatter.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin help support healthy Eye aging because of the blue light-filtering properties, the healthy inflammatory response and the antioxidant activities of Lutein and Zeaxanthin together.
- Supplementation of Lutein and Zeaxanthin results in enhanced color discrimination and improved glare protection.
- Supplementation with Lutein and Zeaxanthin supports enhanced visual performance, best results with both taken together, backed by human trials.
Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Zinc and Eye Health
DrVita Vision Essentials also provides Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Magnesium and Zinc, which have profound effects on immune function and Eye health. DrVita always uses OpitZinc, an L-Methionine Zinc complex that is most bioavailable of all Zinc forms.
The Eye has the highest metabolic rate of all organs, the highest hydrogen peroxide levels and is more heavily exposed to solar UVA and UVB radiation which generates damaging free radicals more than any other organ or tissue.
- Numerous studies have linked vitamin C intake and ocular health, according to the American Optometric Association.
- Women using vitamin C for 10 years or more experienced a 64 percent reduction in the risk of developing major Eye disturbances.
- Vitamin D3 lowers eye inflammatory cytokine reactions in the eye and helps make tear fluids and corneal epithelial cells that help regulate tear film, according to the Vitamin D Council.
- Magnesium deficiency is associated with glare intolerance and difficulty adjusting to oncoming headlights or other bright light sources.
- Magnesium acts as a blocker of calcium deposits on the inner walls of arteries. Calcium deposits cause the formation of neovessels that hinder retinal nutrition.
- Magnesium helps the absorption of vitamins E, C and B vitamins, essential nutrients for the health of ocular tissues.
- Magnesium protects against free radical-driven oxidative stress that can cause severe early eye imbalances.
- Zinc is important for vision because high levels of the mineral are found in the macula of the retina.
- Zinc enables vitamin A to create the pigment melanin, which protects the Eye.
- Human studies show that getting enough zinc can help you see better at night.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and Eye Health
A key problem involved in eye damage is oxidative stress in the lens of the eye. Alpha Lipoic Acid was found to offer notable protection against altered eye integrity. ALA benefits the Eye by increasing levels of the essential antioxidant enzyme, Glutathione Peroxidase that the body produces internally.
A study in patients with poor eye health found that visual health was improved in a group that received either 75 mg of ALA daily for two months or 150 mg of it for one month, compared with a control group that received a placebo.
Furthermore, the combination of ALA and vitamin E helped prevent retinal cell death in animals that share a common Eye dysfunction that also affects humans. As there is currently no effective medical treatment for this Eye dysfunction, the discovery of a nutritional approach to potentially treat this poor eye dysfunction is remarkable.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid and N-Acetyl Cysteine penetrate through the tough Ocular membranes.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid and N-Acetyl Cysteine are sulfur containing molecules that potently absorb and neutralize free radicals in the Eye.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine is a building block of Glutathione, the Eye's universal antioxidant and both quench hydrogen peroxide.
Bilberry and Schizandra Fruit Extracts
Bilberry is effective at quenching free radicals and lowering inflammatory reactions due partly to its high anthocyanoside levels. The eyes have a high concentration of tiny capillaries that can be affected by inflammatory cytokines and vascular circulatory issues, and Bilberry has the ability to help strengthen the capillaries, promote healthy blood thickness, and stimulate the release of vasodilators, like nitric oxide.
- Bilberry fruit has powerful tannins, also found in purple grapes and dark teas.
- Bilberry's most compelling evidence is its reduction of retinal inflammatory cytokine levels.
- Bilberry anthocyanosides help reduce blood platelet stickiness in the Eye.
- Bilberry Anthocyanosides help fortify blood vessel walls, improve blood flow and maintain healthy circulation in the Eye.
- Bilberry anthocyanosides help strengthen collagen to maintain healthy connective tissue in the Eye.
Schizandra berries are Russian adaptogens that are eaten for energy and stamina when found growing in the wild during endurance mountain climbing and other prolonged outdoor activities. Schizandra contains natural stimulants and is revered the world over as an adaptogen to improve the body’s ability to respond to stress, recover from exhaustion, sharpen visual range and help improve Eye circulation.
- Schisandra increases Glutathione levels to protect the eye against environmental sources such as ultraviolet radiation, tobacco smoke, chemicals.
- Schizandra, by stimulating Gluthione production, regulates many of the cell’s vital functions, such as the synthesis and repair of DNA, and the synthesis of Eye proteins
- Schizandra supports the activation and regulation of antioxidant enzymes in the eye tissues.
Eyebright extract is created by extracting the juice from the above-ground, fresh parts of the flowering Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis) plant. The extract contains flavonoids and tannins that give it strong astringent and anti-cytokine inflammatory reaction properties. These properties make the extract a highly-recommended natural support for poor eye health from dry conditions, and irritation from allergic cytokines caused by environmental sources. Eyebright extract helps protect and calm overreactive mucous membranes.
- Eyebright (Euphorbia) contains a unique tannin not found in any other plant, called Euphrasia-Tannin.
- Eyebright has been used for healthy Eye support for centuries.
- All tested Eyebright extracts decreased pro-inflammatory cytokine expression (IL-1β, IL-6 and TNF-α) and also anti-inflammatory IL-10 expression by human corneal cells when the extracts were added to Eye cell culture medium for 24 h.