In addition to helping our physical wellbeing in these uncertain times (read our Detox 101 blog here for our healthy tips to keep systems running efficiently), our mental and emotional wellbeing is equally important and deserves attention, too. Not only do essential oils have therapeutic properties that can help uplift mind and mood, but they also have fantastic beauty properties when incorporated into beauty regimens! These DIY beauty recipes incorporate four different Paradise Springs Essential Oils that can enhance your self-care routine to support healthy mood and mind (as well as offer a fun way to pass some time at home). We hope these recipes help lift your spirits and give you the at-home-spa-day you deserve.
Lavender, Rosemary and Oat Face Mask
Oats aren’t just for breakfast anymore. They contain a compound that actually helps promote cleansing to help clear skin and remove impurities. Dried oats also have the ability to act as an exfoliant that is gentle and mild enough for all skin types. The honey in this recipe adds additional moisture, and the Rosemary and Lavender essential oils have calming and anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe skin irritations (perfect for those of us dealing with breakouts and other skin irritations while our routines are upended).
What You’ll Need
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3-5 drops Paradise Springs Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops Paradise Springs Rosemary Essential Oil
Pour the hot water in a microwave-safe dish. Add the essential oils, adjusting to desired strength. Add the honey to the bowl and whisk well. Pour in the oatmeal, slowly, until you achieve a paste. If the mixture is too runny, add more oatmeal. If the mixture is too dry, add more water.
Allow your facemask to sit for 3-5 minutes and cool, then gently apply to face using a brush or your fingers. Let the mask sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Follow with your favorite toner, such as our DIY Paradise Springs Tea Tree Oil toner.
Notes: If you have oily skin, try reducing the honey and add more water as needed. If you have dry skin, try adding a tablespoon of buttermilk once you’ve added the oats for extra hydration.
Brightening Lemon Oil Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrubs are an excellent way to exfoliate and rejuvenate dry skin. While you can use any essential oil (like Lavender Oil for sleep and relaxation, for example), we love using Paradise Springs Lemon Oil to kickstart the day with some energy and zest. This wonderful citrus scent will help rejuvenate and brighten skin while offering uplifting aromatic properties.
What You’ll Need
- 20 drops of Paradise Springs Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 cup of white or brown granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 mason jar or glass container
Mix the ingredients in the container using a wooden spoon or stainless still utensil. Mix well, achieving a grainy texture. Store for up to 2 months.
Use this body scrub in the shower to exfoliate dry skin as needed (we like to use this scrub about 2 times a week). Rinse, pat dry, and reveal smooth, hydrated skin!
Glowing Sweet Orange Body Oil
A lot of us may find ourselves missing sunshine and outdoors right now, and our skin may be experiencing some of the negative effects of less vitamin D or altered beauty routines. Hydrate and shine with this bright, citrusy body oil. The Sweet Orange Oil will help not only uplift mood and ease anxiety, but it also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that will promote glowing skin as well as combat skin conditions. Pair this oil with this blend of moisturizing carrier oils to keep skin happy and hydrated.
What You’ll Need
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp Jojoba Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 20 drops Paradise Springs Organic Sweet Orange Oil
- Glass container for storage
Add all three carrier oils to your glass container, melting the coconut oil to room temperature if needed. Add the Sweet Orange Oil and stir until combined.
Apply this body oil liberally to skin as needed, concentrating on dry our troublesome areas. Massage into skin. Safe to use daily or as needed. Store out of direct sunlight.
Trouble Finding Ingredients?
We know these are uncertain times, and some of the above ingredients may be hard to obtain. You can still use essential oils for your mental detox, though. Here are some simple ideas to incorporate essential oils that won’t require hard-to-find additional ingredients.
- Add 5 drops of Organic Lavender Essential Oil to a spray bottle with water. Spray your pillow and sheets before bed to promote relaxation.
- Add 5 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil to a spray bottle with water and spray around your at-home office to promote concentration.
- Create one of the above mixtures with Eucalyptus Oil and spray around the shower to turn your shower into an at-home spa.
- Add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil to your bath to enjoy its therapeutic benefits.
- Add 5 drops of your favorite essential oil to shampoo or conditioner. We like Rosemary Oil for promoting hair growth.
- Make a therapeutic foot bath by by putting 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil and 2 tablespoons of sea salt into a small tub with hot water. Soak feet for 15-30 minutes.
- Add 1-2 drops of Sweet Orange Oil or Tea Tree Oil with 4 drops of Olive Oil onto a cotton ball. Dab on face, particularly on any blemishes or spots that need attention. Let sit for 5 minutes and rinse.
Shop all Paradise Springs Essential Oils and discover which therapeutic scents work best for your beauty and wellness regimen.