The first and last few pounds are the hardest to lose when you go on a diet or exercise program. The key is providing the correct nutrients that help boost your metabolism, suppress unnecessary appetite, and help burn fat. Here are 5 weight loss nutrients you must have that can help improve your diet and weight goals.
1. Fiber – Overall nutrient that helps support proper digestion and intestinal tract maintenance. It also helps promote weight loss by creating a sense of satiety, a feeling of fullness in the stomach. This will help maintain your hunger and may help stop those random craving for potato chips. Fiber is found in many fruits and vegetables such as grapefruit, raspberries, spinach, and cabbage.
2. Iron – This is extremely important to your body in order to maintain proper energy levels. The rule of thumb is poor energy levels lead to poor workouts. Iron can be found in certain foods which include broccoli, mushrooms, and more.
3. Omega-3 Fatty Acids – This essential nutrient is most popular for its ability to promote cognitive ability, boost the immune system, and help create a strong circulatory system, but it can also help weight loss. Omega-3 fatty acids help promote healthy cells and hormones in the body that can boost exercise leading to weight loss. Most omega-3 is found in fish oil like salmon and cod, but also it can be found in flaxseed, walnuts, and chia seeds!
4. Vitamin D – Is essential to proper absorption of calcium, which is vital to muscles and bone growth. This can also benefit weight loss by helping promote strong muscles and healing muscle fibers after an intense work out. Vitamin D can be found in eggs, fresh cod, sardines, and going to the beach to soak up some sun.
5. Resveratrol – This powerful antioxidant helps boost the immune system by attacking free radical particles that are linked to disease and the aging process. Resveratrol may also help boost the metabolism, which can help your body process through food leading to weight loss. This nutrient is best found in red wine, so drink up! Resveratrol can also be found in grapes, blueberries, and peanuts.
There is no miracle food that can shed pounds, but with a proper diet and nutrition, you can shed the unwanted weight. Each of the nutrients and vitamins above can help promote a healthy body and are essential for proper health and growth!